Zumba fitness: what it is, the pros and cons, features and tips | Zumba videos
Zumba fitness is dance aerobics to music. At the core lie the basic movements of Latin American, ballroom dances, as well as ballet, hip-hop, and jazz-modern, which are constantly repeated. This is a great way to lose excess pounds, develop plastic, and regularly receive a dose of good mood because you want dance motives-you do not want to, but you will be adjusted to positive emotions.
Zumba is a relatively young dance direction, the author of which in 2001 was Alberto Perez, a Colombian choreographer dancer. This fitness program combines elements of hip-hop, salsa, samba, merengue, mambo, flamenco, and belly dancing. This super-mix made the zumbu one of the most popular slimming exercises in the world: at the moment it has spread to more than 180 countries! Its original name translates from the Colombian dialect as “buzzing, moving fast”.
What did Zumba conquer people so much? The fact is that this is not just an ordinary dance program. It is a cheerful, incendiary, energetic exercise, which helps to get a great physical shape. Its goal is to work out the maximum number of muscles, while not exhausting you with repeated repetitions of trivial exercises. For an hour of crazy dances, you can burn about 400-500 calories. In addition, Zumba-fitness is a great cure for stress, helping to become more confident, positive, and liberated.
The direction of Zumba fitness was invented in the late ’90s by the Colombian Alberto Perez. He was a professional choreographer and devoted his entire life to teaching other Latin dances. At first, the Zumba included only Latin American movements, but over time the scope of the direction expanded. Today Zumba fitness is the basis for training many stars. For example, Shakira, Beyonce, Britney Spears.
As a rule, group training for Zumba fitness lasts 45-60 minutes. The lesson begins with a dynamic warm-up and ends with stretching, and all this goes under the characteristic music. The main part of the program includes 8-10 songs in the Latin American style, each song has its own unique choreography. The choreography in Zumba is usually very simple and consists of only a few dance movements that combine into bunches and repeat throughout the song. After a few lessons, even a person completely remote from dancing can remember the basic movements of the program.
Over time, various Zumba directions appeared. For example, Aqua Zumba for swimming lessons. Zumba in the circuit, which is a high-intensity workout for weight loss. Or Zumba Toning, which includes classes with small dumbbells. In just 15 years, the ZUMBA® brand has become one of the most popular in the fitness industry.
Pluses of training Zumba:
- Zumba is a good aerobic exercise that will help you burn excess fat and tighten the body.
- Lose weight with dancing is not only effective but also fun. This is exactly the case when fitness brings real pleasure.
- By regularly practicing this dance program, you will become more plastic and graceful.
- Everyone can learn Zumba! You do not need to have some impressive skills for this. In addition, all the choreographic movements in the program are absolutely simple and understandable.
- Dancing passes under energetic and incendiary music, so training will give you real positive emotions.
- This kind of fitness is suitable for beginners, newly-born girls, and those who are far from sports.
- During the classes, you will work through all the problem areas: the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, including using even the deepest muscles.
- Zumba every year is gaining increasing popularity in the world, so training is conducted in many fitness rooms. Also, home video programs have been created for amateurs at home.
Cons and features:
- 1. To remember dance movements, it is advisable to regularly attend classes.
- 2. The choreography in Zumba’s training is simple enough, but still, it’s a dance program, so for successful classes, you will need good coordination and a sense of rhythm.
- 3. If you want a really serious load, then it’s better to sign up for Cycling or Body Pump. Zumba-fitness is suitable for weight loss, but it can not be called very intensive cardio training.
Tips for Beginners
If you have never been engaged in dancing, and are afraid that you will be hard at classes, then read our recommendations:
- First of all, watch the choreography of the lower body of the instructor and try to repeat the movements of his legs. And only then attach the movements of the shoulders and hands.
- Try to carry out the movements “into account”, it helps to keep the rhythm.
- Do not be shy in group sessions to get up ahead, closer to the instructor, in order to better understand the sequence of movements.
- If the first few sessions seem very difficult to you, do not throw Zumba-fitness. As a rule, after all, 5-6 trainings, all the main movements are remembered, and after a month of regular classes, you will forget that you just came to class for the first time.
- The key to success for beginners is the regularity of the visit. Despite the simple choreography, in order to remember rapidly changing movements, practice is necessary.
Zumba, like any other fitness area, has a number of contraindications. In particular, hernia lumbar, displacement of vertebrae, high blood pressure, post-traumatic period, pregnancy at any time.
Zumba is the perfect combination of effective sport and positive dance. If you want to lose weight, tighten your body, work on rhythm and grace, and recharge with positive emotions, then definitely try this famous fitness program.